1. Here's how the pay of prime ministers and presidents of the world's biggest economies stacks up, according to official data and converted into US dollars at market rates.
2. The result has been increased ratings this regular season. Everything has been flipped. The offseason is thrilling, "stay on your phone every second checking what's happening" drama. The regular season is fascinating and competitive, with superstar matchups and explosive performances every night. The playoffs? Ho-hum, the Warriors win again. What's interesting is that this might be an actually better growth strategy for the league. A dynamite dynasty to attract the casual viewers who only want to see greatness, a super-compelling offseason and intriguing regular season to keep the die-hards engaged. It flips the standard models on their heads, but it also makes the best use of the NBA's ever-expanding digital presence.
4. Before becoming Germany's top trading partner, China was Germany's largest trading market in Asia. Germany has been China's top trading partner in the European Union for the last 2 years.
5. n. 光泽，上光剂，优雅，精良
6. Julia Hartz
1. The “cool” factor isn’t the only issue. Security and privacy, particularly around the management of consumer data, remain a concern as the tech industry seeks to bring more of our body parts online. As The Economist notes, the glamour of developing sensors and algorithms for wearables is distracting everyone from glaring missing elements, “standards, interoperability, integration and data management” and “intellectual-property rights and regulatory compliance” among them. All this in an environment where paranoia remains over the National Security Administration’s activities.
1. Four factors should fuel the jobs recovery in 2013:[qh]
3. “The consumer will take a little more time to come back which is why we’re focusing on a game plan we know that works, focusing on affordability and premium [drinks] in metro areas,” he said, adding that he is confident that the company can continue to gain share in the country and is set up for when consumer spending picks up again.
1. New Year’s greetings and best wishes!致新年贺忱与最美好的祝福！
2. The raised decoration shows a cartouche — an oval frame around Egyptian hieroglyphics indicating a royal name. Above the frame archaeologists could make out the symbol of an eye and that of a cobra.
3. Recently, however, the buyback boom has started to fade. The Standard & Poor's 500 Buyback Index, which tracks the 100 companies with the largest share repurchase ratio, recently recorded its first quarterly decline since mid 2012. As stock prices reach record highs, the boost from share repurchases diminishes, making it more valuable for companies to invest in longer-term projects or use extra cash for acquisitions.
While the debate was supposed to be solely about foreign policy, domestic concerns were never far from the surface and the candidates took every opportunity to pivot to their stump speech attacks over the economy and tax. The same was true in the spin room afterwards where both campaign teams dispensed quickly with debate comments and moved instead to analysis of the state of the race in swing states.